About the site
The library is dedicated to the works related to “The Lion King” in some or other way. There’re also works related to animals and furry. If a work doesn’t fit one of the aforementioned categories it’s unlikely to be published here.
Keep in mind that your comments are likely to be read by the author, therefore try to conform to the following recomendations. Respect your interlocutors. If you show no respect, he or she is unlikely to respect you, and it’s doubtful you’ll achieve anything this way. If you tell about defects do not forget about recomendations how to eliminate them. Remember: it depends on your critique what the author will learn and even wether he or she will continue to create.
Official languages of the site are Russian and English. There’s no point in writing in other languages and it’s discouraged.
The following rules are oriented to by moderators when punishing guilty users. It’s recommended to read them all, because, as we all know, ignorance of the law is no excuse.
- Registration under a nick containing name of a character from the original “The Lion King.” Names of characters from the sequels are not prohibited, provided those characters aren’t mentioned in the original movie. If you use such name for a long time and are known in the Internet exclusively under this nick, you may be given an exception from the rule at the discretion of administration.
- Animation in the avatars is discouraged, but, provided it doesn’t draw too much attention (for example, winking or waving a paw once in every ten seconds), it’s allowed.
- Obscene language, insults. If an obscene word is hidden behind asterisks it doesn’t mean you can use it to insult visitors.
- Offtopic — discussions not related to the work itself. Replies to offtopic are violation of rules too.
- Empty messages, like “Oh yeah!”, “:-)”, “Er… well, I mean… indeed!” etc.
- Private messages, like “Let’s hit the bottle tomorrow at 19 o’clock”, “Gosh! What a party was yesterday!..” etc.
- Commercial advertising, like: “Follow this link please, I’ll be paid a cent!”, “Buy squeezers from East Cupcake — the squeezerest squeezers in the world!” etc. Unobtrusive mention of links to your sites and the like is allowed.
- Attempts to impair normal functionality of the site. Be it attempts to find holes in the site’s scripts, or overloading by DDoS attack, or just pretending to be another person — it doesn’t matter; such actions will be punished with all the sternness.
- Everything prohibited by the law of the country where the site is located, Russian Federation. For example, propaganda of fascism; sowing dissension based on religion, race, orientation, nationality etc.
- Frequent changing of nicks. It leads to confusion: who said what, and who was it anyway?
- Editing of messages leading to full or significant change in the meaning of the message; deletion of messages, especially if they have replies or exist for a long time (more than an hour). All the changes are registered and can be cancelled at any time, thus don’t forget that word spoken is past recalling. Appending text to the end of the message, correcting misprints etc. are allowed.
- Abuse of formatting: writing a message IN CAPITALS or marking all text as bold; inserting large images (in dimensions and/or size), or large quantity of them, or containing annoying animation; nesting thirty levels of quotes etc.
- Deliberate mangling of language. Do not forget you’re in the library, thus literary language is desired.
After recieving eight moderator warnings (why eight, you ask? the number is round ;-) ) the user will be banned — he or she won’t be allowed to comment. A user can be banned earlier because of acting too inadequate. A serious violation of rules can lead to multiple warnings; a moderator can also just set somebody on the right path without warnings. A warning is marked with [+] sign.
If you don’t agree with moderator contact with administrator by e-mail or ICQ.