About the program
Application for previewing, editing and converting Windows XP boot screens. Can be used both as plugin for Total Commander and as a stand-alone program.
- Previews “.bootscreen”, “.bootskin”, “.tbs” skin files, screens from kernels “ntoskrnl.exe”, “ntkrnlmp.exe”, “ntkrnlpa.exe”, “ntkrpamp.exe”.
- Automatic detection of palette and progress bar position for all versions of Windows XP kernels.
- Conversion (also batch conversion) between boot skin formats (conversion to Windows XP kernel is not possible, but conversion from it is.) “.tbs” skins can be unprotected from editing.
- Information from INI files (skin properties) is displayed and edited.
- Thumbnails creation.*
- Explorer integration: context menus of skin files.
- Localization into English and Russian. Comprehensive help in English and Russian.
- Export to animated GIF.
- Imitates technical limitations: palette, screen border, specific artefacts (except “.bootskin” skins which do not imply kernel modification.) Overlays (Pro/Home etc.) are displayed according to the installed version of Windows.
- Fullscreen view with resolution change.
- Respects Lister view options (centering, fitting of images etc.)*
- Zooming with antialiasing.
* Plugin mode only.
In case of questions or problems read the list of frequently asked questions.